HPN Books presents a concept that is an exciting, multi-faceted opportunity meeting your organizational goals for both civic enhancement and income generation. The concept can be applied to either the Community Heritage or Cityscape series.
The following organizations have utilized our unique book program: city and county governments, chambers of commerce, trade associations, convention & visitor bureaus, historical and preservation societies and history museums.
The opportunity of publishing a quality coffee table book allows you to present your community with prestige and distinction. Whether you focus on preserving the historical background or depicting the present day atmosphere, you will have a tasteful publication denoting everything that makes your community unique, exciting and noteworthy.
Best of all, the books are designed to earn between $20,000 and $150,000 for your organization. Here’s how it works:
Funding the Publication
- Local businesses are invited to partner in the project by purchasing business profile pages in the second section of the book.
- Business profiles can range from ½ or 1 page, to multiple page histories and descriptions.
- HPN Books handles all marketing and sales, at no-risk or cost to you.
- You receive a royalty on all sales.
- Experience shows that a city or town of virtually any size can support a publication.
Benefits for Business
- Partners in a first-rate community project.
- Public recognition for their important role in the community.
- Status of inclusion as part of the history or lifestyle of the area.
- Seen and read throughout the area, used for economic development, presented to prestigious visitors and national business leaders.
- Life-span and readership extends for years, not days or months.
- Placement in libraries, retail outlets and prominently displayed in corporate offices.
- Copies of the book available at reduced rates for distribution to employees, customers, investors, prospective employees and others.
- Reprints or CD Rom of the profile available.
Responsibilities of Your Organization
- Enter into an agreement with Historic Publishing Network, a division of Lammert Publications, Inc.
- Publically provide your endorsement and support of the project.
- Receive copies of the book (at no cost), which you can sell, use as gifts and incorporate into promotions.
- You determine the retail price of the books, which is normally in the $40 to $50 range.
- Approve the selection of author and photographer.
- Review and approve all marketing materials, invitation to local businesses and sales packet.
- Review and approve the publication prior to printing.
- There is no staff time requirement from your organization.
Responsibilities of Historic Publishing Network
- Use HPN personnel to conduct a professional sales campaign for business pages.
- Develop, produce and distribute all marketing materials.
- Hire the writers and photographers, provide all production and publish a high quality coffee table book.
- Pay royalty on all business sales to the supporting organization.
- Provide copies of the book for sale or use by the organization.
Results: A city, county or area with population of:
- 50,000 to 150,000- $20,000
- 150,000 to 400,000- $30,000
- 400,000 to 800,000- $40,000
- More than 800,000- $50,000+